Frequently Asked Questions
Housing / Dining
Jean Thomason Scholarship
Director: Lori Northrup
Secretary: Eric P. Allen
Samford University Library
Birmingham, Alabama 35229
Please send comments and requests about
this web site to the Library Web Team
© 1994-2010 Samford University
Responsibilities of Coordinator
- Determine the course content including class sessions.
The IGHR Director will combine all courses into one schedule. If there are conflicts, she will solve the conflict with the agreement of all coordinators involved.
- Select faculty for each class.
Coordinator may contact faculty or request IGHR Director to contact them.
For faculty new to IGHR, complete the New Faculty Proposal form
- Select textbooks for the course. Information is needed by October 1.
- Determine class limit (cannot be less than 24)
- Determine any prerequisites (prerequisites are not required for all courses).
- Send copies of any letters, forms, or instructions for class members that should be included in registration confirmation letter. Information needed by April 1.
Responsibilities of Coordinators and Faculty Members
- Send syllabus or handout materials to the IGHR Secretary. Material may be sent as electronic or print format. There is no limit to number of handouts or to size, but please keep in mind copyright law and the environment. Information is needed by April 1.
- Send a biography and a photo to the IGHR Secretary. Information is needed by October 1.
- Notify us of your classroom media needs. Media includes overhead projector, computers, etc. Information needed by April 1.
- A W-9 is needed the first time a faculty member participates in IGHR. Accounting will contact you if one is needed and will keep the initial W-9 on file for future conferences.
At Sunday registration/orientation, faculty members receive a notebook with includes the schedule and syllabus for each course in which s/he teaches.   Also included are a list of attendees, information about evening sessions, and biographical material of each faculty member.
Forms are available for all information requested above.