4th Grade Essay Contest
Topic: Great Alabama Citizens
Due date: April 15, 2013
- Essay must be typed using 350 words or less.
- Citizen selected as the topic of the essay must be an inductee in the Alabama Men’s Hall of Fame. Information can be found on this website under Inductees
- Essay must be original and solely the work of one student. Plagiarism is forbidden.
Judging and Awards
- Each school will evaluate the student work and can submit the best 3- 6 essays for consideration.
- The second level of evaluation will be conducted by the Selection Committee of the Alabama Men's Hall of Fame Education Committee.
- The top 10-12 essays will then be judged in the third round of evaluation by the entire AMHOF Education Committee.
Prizes are as follows
- 1st place – A certificate and a 1st place trophy award.
- 2nd place – A certificate and a 2nd place medal award.
- 3rd place – A certificate and a 3rd place medal award.
- Honorable mentions – A certificate of recognition
The winning essay student and his/her parents will be invited to attend the Alabama Men's Hall of Fame Induction Luncheon on September 24, 2013, and be recognized at the luncheon.
The essay guidelines were created under the supervision of Dr. Robin Duncan, faculty member, Samford University, Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education.
Submissions must be mailed to:
Dr. Robin Duncan
800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229
Note: Each school is encouraged to recognize its winner(s) at Awards Day or in a setting, such as a classroom, where the winner(s) is recognized in the presence of his/her peers.
Please feel free to send questions and/or suggestions to:
Dr. Robin C. Duncan, email@example.com, 205-726-4456