- King Biographer Taylor Branch To Present Davis Lecture Oct. 16
- Author Wilkinson to Discuss Evangelical Response to Climate Change Sept. 27
- Pharmacy Students to Provide Health Fair at Diabetes Walk
- 'Sabbath in the City' Program Set Oct. 1-2 at Beeson Divinity School
- Speaker to Lead Discussion on Religion and Politics
September 26, 2012
Football Ranked 25th In FCS Coaches Poll
The Samford football team moved into the Division I-FCS Top 25 Coaches poll at No. 25 on Monday after winning its fourth-straight game to open the season Saturday at Western Carolina.
The ranking marks the first time Samford has been ranked in one of the official Division I-FCS polls since 1995. Samford has started the season 4-0 for the first time since 1995, and the team is 2-0 in Southern Conference play for the first time since joining the league in 2008. The Bulldogs have won four in a row for the first time since 1999.
Samford is one of five Southern Conference teams to be ranked in this week's Coaches Poll. Wofford leads the pack at No. 5, while Georgia Southern is ranked ninth. The Citadel is ranked 15th in the poll, and Appalachian State is ranked 16th.
The Bulldogs are also receiving votes in the Sports Network poll, earning 237 points, just three spots from making the Top 25.
Saturday's game at No. 9 Georgia Southern is scheduled for a 5 p.m. (CT) kickoff from Paulson Stadium in Statesboro, Ga. The game can be seen live on ESPN3.com.