- Family Weekend At Samford Will Offer Entertaining Lineup
- Samford Homecoming Banquet Oct. 28 To Honor Alumni of Year, Reunion Groups
- Samford To Combine Sacred Spaces, Music for Choral Vespers Series
- Samford To Present Hitchcock's '39 Steps' On Stage Sept. 29-0ct. 2
- Samford's Wright Center Opens New Series With The Midtown Men Oct. 21
- Samford Will Host High School Debaters in Bishop Guild Tournament
September 21, 2011
Samford Homecoming Banquet Oct. 28 To Honor Alumni of Year, Reunion Groups
Samford will recognize its 2011 Alumni of the Year and its Young Alumnus of the Year during the annual Homecoming Banquet Friday, Oct. 28, at 6:30 p.m. in the University Dining Hall.
Joe McDade of Montgomery, a member of the Golden Anniversary Class of 1961, and Mark Davidson of Mobile, Ala., a 1992 graduate and former Alumni Association president, are this year’s Alumni of the Year.
Kitty Rogers Brown of Birmingham, a member of the Class of 2001, is the 2011 Young Alumnus of the Year.
Profiles of the three award recipients will be featured in the September issue of Seasons magazine.
The Banquet celebrates the 142-year tradition of the Candlelight Dinner at Samford, and recognizes the reunion Classes of 1961, 1986 and 2001. The event also will recognize this year’s reunion groups—Alpha Phi Omega, Omicron Delta Kappa and the Cornerstone Program.
For tickets to the banquet, go to www.samford.edu/alumni and choose the Homecoming tab. Tickets are $25.
“Forever Red and Blue” will be the theme as Samford celebrates Homecoming Weekend Friday and Saturday, Oct. 28–29, on campus. Reunions, meals, a parade, tailgating on the quad and other events are planned. Samford will play Western Carolina at 2 p.m. Saturday in the Homecoming football game.