- Family Weekend At Samford Will Offer Entertaining Lineup
- Samford Homecoming Banquet Oct. 28 To Honor Alumni of Year, Reunion Groups
- Samford To Combine Sacred Spaces, Music for Choral Vespers Series
- Samford To Present Hitchcock's '39 Steps' On Stage Sept. 29-0ct. 2
- Samford's Wright Center Opens New Series With The Midtown Men Oct. 21
- Samford Will Host High School Debaters in Bishop Guild Tournament
September 21, 2011
Family Weekend At Samford Will Offer Entertaining Lineup
Samford University will offer a varied lineup of fun and entertaining events during 2011 Family Weekend Sept. 30-Oct. 2. More than 1,400 family members have pre-registered for the three-day event.
Activities begin Friday, Sept. 30, with a 6 p.m. faculty and family meet-and-greet reception.
Saturday’s events include a 9:30 a.m. Parents Association meeting followed by open houses hosted by organizations, a tailgate lunch on the quadrangle, and a 2 p.m. football game against Gardner-Webb University.
Sunday’s schedule includes a hymn sing and soccer game versus The Citadel, both at 2 p.m.
New on the Family Weekend schedule this year is a free evening on Saturday, when students and their families may spent time together on campus or explore Birmingham area attractions. Other opportunities on Saturday include an early morning Rise and Shine Zumba dance fitness class and by-reservation campus tours. Samford Theatre will present Alfred Hitchcock’s comedy-thriller “The 39 Steps” on Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
Family weekend tickets are $40/adult and $20/child (ages 3-12). To see a complete schedule and register online go to http://www.samford.edu/parents/subpage.aspx?id+6442468354. Theatre tickets are sold separately at arts.samford.edu. Individual event tickets can also be purchased on campus during check-in with cash or check only.
For more information contact associate director for parents programs Kelia Furr at firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 726-2789.