May 1, 2013
Samford to Graduate 900 in May Ceremonies
Samford University will graduate about 900 seniors during commencement activities in May. The schedule will begin with Beeson Divinity School's program May 8 and continue with programs May 17-18.
Here is this year's schedule.
Wednesday, May 8
* 11 a.m. Beeson Divinity School, Hodges Chapel. Speaker: Daniel Aleshire, president, The Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada.
Friday, May 17
* 10 a.m. McWhorter School of Pharmacy, Wright Center. Speaker: Kenny Sanders, president, Alabama Board of Pharmacy.
* 1 p.m. Brock School of Business, Wright Center. Speaker: Alan Register, Birmingham city president, BBVA Compass Bank
* 3:30 p.m. Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing, Wright Center. Speaker: Dr. Juanzetta Flowers, nursing leader and pioneer of the Nurse Practitioner Movement
* 6 p.m. Cumberland School of Law, Wright Center. Speaker: Joel Dubina, chief judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
Saturday, May 18
* 10 a.m. Howard College of Arts and Sciences, School of the Arts and Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education and Professional Studies, Hanna Center. Speaker: Carolyn McKinstry, president, Sixteenth Street Foundation.
Other commencement activities Friday, May 17, will include the graduation prayer breakfast in the main dining room of Beeson University Center at 7:30 a.m.; the Ida V. Moffett School of Nursing pinning ceremony at Shades Mountain Baptist Church at 10 a.m.; and the Air Force ROTC commissioning ceremony in Reid Chapel at 1 p.m.
On Saturday, May 18, the graduating senior art exhibition reception will follow commencement in the Samford Art Gallery.