- Samford's Board of Overseers Welcomes New Members
- 'Talk But Don't Preach,' Jeske Says at Conger Lectures
- Good Relationships With Strangers Key to Future, Says Kettering Head
- Boyatt Describes 20th Century as 100 Years War
- Davis Architects Earns Shutze Award for Brock Recital Hall
- Samford in the News: Week of March 4, 2013
March 13, 2013
Samford's Board of Overseers Welcomes New Members
Six new members have joined Samford University's Board of Overseers. They participated in their first meeting March 8 in Birmingham.
The 50-member board includes business, community and church leaders who advise the administration and are advocates for the university.
New members are:
Randall Freeman, chief financial officer for Brasfield and Gorrie, Inc., Birmingham. Freeman is a 1984 summa cum laude graduate from Samford's business school.
Lee Henderson, president, Henderson Investments LLC, Tuscaloosa, Ala., Henderson is a 1996 Samford graduate with a degree in counseling foundations.
Kevin Newsom, an attorney from Birmingham. Newsom, a 1994 Samford graduate and a Harvard Law School graduate, is a partner with Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP.
Leigh Ann Pusey, president of the American Insurance Association, Washington, D.C. Pusey is a 1984 Samford graduate.
Alan Register, Birmingham city president for BBVA/Compass Bank. Register earned a business degree from Samford in 1986.
Richard Robey, an executive with Alabama Bankers Bank, based in Birmingham. Robey received a business degree from Samford in 1982.