February 13, 2009
Alumni Share Rare Images of East Lake, Lakeshore Campuses
Alumni Dan (`60) and Gwen Ray (`58) McFerrin recently sent to The Belltower a remarkable series of photos. View the slideshow to see rare images of Samford’s somewhat decrepit East Lake campus and still-incomplete Lakeshore campus, made when the university relocated in 1957-58. Made on what appears to be Kodachrome transparency film, the images are probably among the most accurate surviving color views of the campuses in that period.