800 Lakeshore Drive
Birmingham, AL 35229
Direct phone: 205-726-2816
Toll free: 1-800-888-7214
Payment Method Options
Be sure to read the Tuition and Fees Payment Policy for All Students.
Students may authorize parents or other designated individuals to access the e-bill system and make payments on their behalf. To enable this feature, a student MUST access the e-bill system and set up those individuals responsible for payment of their student account as an “Authorized User.” Students may set up an Authorized User by clicking on the link in their e-bill message, selecting the Authorized User tab and following the instructions.
Authorized Users will receive e-mail notification when a new e-bill statement is issued. Click on the link in the e-mail or enter the link in your browser to access the e-bill system and make a payment.
On-line Payments with Check
Payment by electronic check using the e-bill system is the most efficient and Samford’s preferred method of payment. Payment by electronic check can be made by using your checking account.
On-line Payments with Credit Card
MasterCard, Discover and American Express can be used to make online payments. A 2.75% (minimum of $3.00) convenience fee will be assessed by third-party web processor.
Reminder: Fee (2.75%) will not be assessed if payment is made by electronic check.
Other Payment Options
The Bursar’s Office continues to accept payment by check through the mail, but the University is not responsible for delays of the postal service, and late fees will apply to payments are received after the due date. Payment by check or cash can be made in person.
To be eligible:
- All prior term charges must be paid in full.
- Current term balance for tuition, room, board and mandatory fees must be over $1,000.
- Payment plans are available for Fall/Spring only.
- Samford reserves the right to drop students for non-payment in accordance with the plan.
- Normal enrollment opens seven (7) days prior to the due date for the semester and ends on the due date.
- Late enrollment begins the day after the semester payment due date.
- Late enrollment ends seven (7) days after registration cancellation.
- Payment of 50% of current term tuition, room, board and mandatory fees plus a $95 per term set up fee is required to enroll.
- Late enrollment requires payment of 50% of current term tuition, room, board and mandatory fees plus $150 Late Enrollment Fee.
- Payments of 25% of the balance are to be made over the next two (2) months so full payment for the term is received before open registration for the following term.
- If an installment payment in the payment plan is late, the full balance remaining in the payment plan becomes due immediately and a late fee of 1.5% will be assessed on the remaining balance in the payment plan.
- The plan is not subject to any interest charges.
- A plan may be paid off early if desired.
- How to Set Up a Direct Deposit (PDF)
- How to Make a Housing Deposit Online (PDF)
- How to Make a Tuition Deposit Online (PDF)
- How to Make an Online Payment (PDF)
- How to Make an Entering Freshman Enrollment Tuition Deposit Online (PDF)
Questions? Please contact the Bursar’s Office at email@example.com, 1-800-888-7214 (toll-free) or (205) 726-2816.
The Samford University Portal and associated online Student Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except for scheduled maintenance and unforeseen circumstances. Maintenance is scheduled in advance with notice to all students..
Should you encounter log-in problems, please contact the Personal Technology Group at (205) 726-2662.
Samford University complies with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination, including applicable provisions of and amendments to Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Executive Order 11246, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or services.
Inquiries and concerns regarding this policy may be directed to the vice president of business affairs or general counsel, Office of Business Affairs, 200 Samford Hall, Birmingham, AL 35229, (205) 726-2811. This notice is available in alternative formats upon request.